Susan Snyder, DDS
Dentistry has been the perfect balance of teaching and learning, science and art, and being an entrepreneur and a social worker. I love putting all these things together for the benefit of our patients. As a team, our focus is on how dentistry affects patients’ complete health, which is why we recently updated our name to reflect this. We truly believe in Total Wellness Dentistry.
Commitment to Continual Learning
I earned my Bachelor of Arts in 1984 at Purdue University. After deciding to pursue dentistry as my profession, I attended Indiana University School of Dentistry, where I earned my Doctorate of Dental Surgery.
It is a blast for me to continually learn. I work with a group of experts who are also passionate about learning. The human body is always changing; it’s fascinating! I love to learn about health and the whole body: how we can make ourselves healthier. Sometimes it takes a lot of work and change to make ourselves healthier, but that hard work is always worth it!
Rooted in the Community
Total Wellness Dentistry is a hometown practice. Our roots are in the community. We give to our local food bank every month and for special occasions; we give to Purdue and Indiana Universities; we give dental work through Dental Lifeline Network.
I try to live my life by the golden rule. I volunteer every week at the Indiana Veterans’ Home. I have also traveled to Romania, Haiti, and China several times as a volunteer dentist.
Outside the office, I could be at the gym or walking outside, gardening, reading, quilting, or traveling with my husband Jim. We have chickens who make green, blue, and brown eggs. The chickens are more Jim’s, but I like to think I have a way with them. I also enjoy creating art through painting, sculpting, pottery, and jewelrymaking. A perfect evening would be out on the boat with Jim.
- American Dental Association
- Indiana Dental Association
- West Central Indiana Dental Society
- West Central Dental Society, board of directors
- Academy of General Dentistry
- Seattle Study Club/Greater Lafayette Study Club
- Lifeline Dental Network (previously IN Donated Dental Services)
- Innovation Spear Study Club, board of directors
- International Affiliation of Tongue Tie Professionals
- 1988 Maynard K. Hine Award – Professional attitude, ethics, and standard of care
- 1997 Fellow – Academy of General Dentistry
- 2003 YWCA Salute to Women Award
- 2008 IN Donated Dental Services Outstanding Service Award
- 2008 Leadership Lafayette Distinguished Leadership Award
- 2009 Crisis Center Vision of Peace Award
- 2011 Fellow – American College of Dentists
- 2016 Master – Academy of General Dentistry
- 2018 IDA Honor Dentist/ West Central Dental Society
- 2019 IN Donated Dental Services Outstanding Service Award
- 2019 LLSR – Academy of General Dentistry